Temporary car insurance for under 21s

We know that getting an annual car policy can be a pretty pricy affair, especially when you're a young driver. The whole ordeal is even worse when you know you’re not going to need the car all-year-round. That’s why we offer temporary car insurance for under 21s, over the age of 18, for as little as an hour, up to 30 days.

Whether you're borrowing a parent's car or driving your own, with Jaunt, you could get fully comprehensive cover that won’t affect your No Claims Discount or the car owners. So what are you waiting for? Get an instant online quote right now and you could be on the road in minutes.

Make it happen. Take a Jaunt.

Get a quote
Jaunt Insurance Jaunt Insurance

Flexible cover for life's Jaunts

Cover from 1<br/> hour to 30 days

Cover from 1
hour to 30 days

Get insurance for the exact time you need it. From just an hour to 30 days and anything in between.

No risk to no<br/> claims

No risk to no

Fear not, Jaunt cover won’t affect your No Claims Discount, or the car owner's. Lovely

On the road in<br/> minutes

On the road in

Get an instant online quote. Get covered in minutes. We're ready when you are.

Get a quote

What's covered with a Jaunt policy?

What's covered

Comprehensive cover

Comprehensive cover as standard, meaning that you have the highest level of cover you could ask for whilst you’re on your travels

Personal belongings cover

Cover for your personal belongings that are lost, damaged or stolen, as a result of an accident, fire or theft

Legal costs

Liability cover up to £5,000,000 (if incurred with our consent)

Accidental damage cover

Cover against accidental damage for both the insured vehicle and the ‘other’ vehicle should you have an accident

Personal accident cover

Cover up to £2,500 per claim (or £5,000 per insurance year) if you or a partner suffer death or the loss of limbs/ sight/ hearing following a motor accident

For full details of what is and isn’t covered with a Jaunt short-term insurance policy, take a look at our Jaunt Policy Wording

What's excluded

X Wear and tear

Cover for any damage caused by general wear and tear or electrical faults. This includes general wear of tyres

X Cover to drive other vehicles

A Jaunt short-term insurance policy covers you to drive the car you have insured only. You will not be insured to drive any other car

X Misfuelling

Any loss or damage caused by misfuelling

X Courtesy car

There is no courtesy car provision with a Jaunt insurance policy

Frequently asked questions

Temporary insurance is a form of vehicle insurance that offers cover from 1 hour to 30 days.

Jaunt temporary insurance policies offer comprehensive insurance for carsvans and motorhomes with no risk to yours or the vehicle owners No Claims should you have a prang. Click here to find out more about Jaunt.

A temporary car insurance policy allows you to be covered to drive another vehicle from 1 hour up to 30 days.

Once you have obtained the vehicle owners permission you will need to answer a few questions about you, your driving history, the vehicle that you want to insure and how long you want cover for. Once you have provided this information and providing you meet the eligibility criteria you will be given a quote. If you accept and pay, your insurance will begin from the start date and time you specified. It really is as simple as that.

If you only need insurance for a few days to borrow a parent or friend’s car, why should you pay for a rigid annual insurance policy? Maybe you’re moving to university and you need a car to transport your stuff, or perhaps you’re going away with friends and want to share the driving. The opportunities are literally endless.

A temporary car insurance policy allows you to be covered to drive another vehicle from 1 hour up to 30 days.

If you still need to drive the car after this period, all you need to do is simply take out another short-term car insurance policy with Jaunt. It’s as simple as that.

You must be aged between 18-75. You must also hold a full, valid UK driving licence (issued in England, Wales or Scotland) and have done so for at least 6 months, or 3 months if you’re over 25.

You also need to have a current permanent UK address. Please note, you may be asked to provide proof of residence in the event of a claim.

Got everything you need?

Get a quote

COVID-19 Update

We are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it develops and are ensuring that our employees and business are protected, whilst doing our very best to maintain service levels for customers.

Please be assured that the cover provided by your Jaunt short-term insurance policy will be unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Please sign in to your customer access area in the first instance if you need to view or manage a policy, or email us at support@jauntinsurance.co.uk.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your support.