Temporary motorhome insurance

Get cover from £0.71 an hour*

At Jaunt, we’re all about adventures and creating memories that last a lifetime. A motorhome is a great way to experience those epic road trips and fun with family and friends.

However, we know that not everyone owns their own motorhome or can insure it for a whole year. So, that’s why we offer short-term motorhome insurance at Jaunt. That way, you can borrow a friend or family member’s motorhome and get insured from an hour, up to 30 days.

If you’re between 18-75 and hold a full driving license, you can get an instant quote right now. Get covered in minutes. What are you waiting for?

Flexible cover for life's Jaunts

Cover from 1<br/> hour to 30 days

Cover from 1
hour to 30 days

Get insurance for the exact time you need it. From just an hour to 30 days and anything in between.

No risk to no<br/> claims

No risk to no

Fear not, Jaunt cover won’t affect your No Claims Discount, or the car owner's. Lovely

On the road in<br/> minutes

On the road in

Get an instant online quote. Get covered in minutes. We're ready when you are.

Get a quote

What's covered with a Jaunt temporary insurance policy?

What's covered

Comprehensive cover

Comprehensive cover as standard, meaning that you have the highest level of cover you could ask for whilst you’re on your travels

Personal belongings cover

Cover for your personal belongings that are lost, damaged or stolen, as a result of an accident, fire or theft

Legal costs

Liability cover up to £5,000,000 (if incurred with our consent)

Accidental damage cover

Cover against accidental damage for both the insured vehicle and the ‘other’ vehicle should you have an accident

Personal accident cover

Cover up to £2,500 per claim (or £5,000 per insurance year) if you or a partner suffer death or the loss of limbs/ sight/ hearing following a motor accident 

For full details of what is and isn’t covered with a Jaunt short-term insurance policy, take a look at our Jaunt Policy Wording.

What's excluded

X Wear and tear
Cover for any damage caused by general wear and tear or electrical faults. This includes general wear of tyres
X Cover to drive other vehicles
A Jaunt short-term insurance policy covers you to drive the car you have insured only. You will not be insured to drive any other car
X Misfuelling
Any loss or damage caused by misfuelling
X Courtesy car
There is no courtesy car provision with a Jaunt insurance policy

Frequently asked questions

Temporary insurance, or short-term insurance as it is otherwise referred to as, is a form of vehicle insurance that offers cover from 1 hour to 30 days. 

Jaunt temporary motorhomes insurance policies offer fully comprehensive insurance with no risk to yours or the vehicle owners No Claims should you have a prang.  Click here to find out more about Jaunt. 

In short, yes. If you plan on borrowing or hiring a motorhome or if you have one of your own but only use it for short intervals throughout the year, then you need to make sure you are insured for the time you are using it. 

To drive a motorhome, you need the right licence and your vehicle needs to be within UK size limits. For more information please visit the governments ‘guide to ‘driving a motorhome’. 

A motorhome is a great way to experience those epic road trips and on the road fun with family and friends. Whether your planning on visiting the coast with family or taking in a surfing trip with friends; a motorhome is definitely the way to go.  

Our temporary motorhome insurance covers a wide range of scenarios: 

  • You own a motorhome but only use it a handful of times a year 
  • You own a motorhome and want to lend it to family or friends. Our temporary motorhome insurance allows them to get cover from one hour to 30 days to drive your motorhome 
  • You want to borrow or hire a motorhome 

The opportunities really are endless. Get a quote today and you could be on your travels within 15 minutes! 

A temporary motorhome insurance policy allows you to be covered to drive a motorhome or caravan from 1 hour up to 30 days. Hourly insurance also means that you can share a long drive with friends or family.  

If you still need to drive the motorhome after this period, all you need to do is simply take out another policy. It’s as simple as that.  

You must be aged between 18-75. You must also hold a full, valid UK driving licence (issued in England, Wales or Scotland) and have done so for at least 6 months, or 3 months if you’re over 25.

You also need to have a current permanent UK address. Please note, you may be asked to provide proof of residence in the event of a claim.

*On average 40% of customers paid £0.71 per hour for a Jaunt Motorhome Policy (From January 1st 2022 – May 31st 2022)

Got everything you need?

Get a quote

COVID-19 Update

We are continuing to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it develops and are ensuring that our employees and business are protected, whilst doing our very best to maintain service levels for customers.

Please be assured that the cover provided by your Jaunt short-term insurance policy will be unaffected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Please sign in to your customer access area in the first instance if you need to view or manage a policy, or email us at support@jauntinsurance.co.uk.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your support.